Universal Smartcard Module
The Universal Smartcard Module is a re-programmable contactless smart card reader designed for use by system integrators in the public transport industry. A high speed ARM9 microcontroller (200MIPS) controls all the major functions to provide a flexible development platform for developers while providing high data throughput.
- 64MB (or 128MB) of high speed DRAM allows sufficient memory to run demanding applications
- 256MB of NAND Flash for OS & application storage
- 2GB of micro SD storage for configurations and transactions
The contactless interface supports the complete Customer Media (CMD) family as defined by ITSO and includes MIFARE®, DESFire®, Oyster®, FeliCa® and Calypso®
Four integral ISO7816 compatible SAM slots are provided to allow the secure storage of encryption keys.
The module can be easily connected to a PC or host system using any of the interfaces which include USB (host and slave), Ethernet - TCP/IP and RS232.
The assembly is running Windows CE and allows all Windows development tools to be used.
The module is equipped with an integrated Real Time Clock which is independently powered by a Lithium coin cell.
Wide range of input voltage from 9Vdc to 36Vdc.
- Electronic Ticketing Machines (ETM)
- Ticket Vending Machines (TVM)
- Point of Service Terminals (POST)
- Platform Ticket Validators
- Value Load Terminals (VLT)
- Transport gates and turnstiles